The Event Services and Maintenance staff member supports facility rental operations at the Benton County Event Center & Fairgrounds. This position is required to live on-site in the Benton Oaks RV Park. Applicant must provide their own camping vehicle. Compensation will include RV rental space in the park and a monthly stipend based on hours worked.
• Perform on-call duties assisting night and weekend facility renters when scheduled.
• Assist in set-up and tear down of rental events as scheduled.
• Clean buildings and bathrooms as scheduled and complete condition reports on rental facilities.
• Ensure that the fairgrounds are clean and trash/recycling bins are being used properly by renters.
• Perform light landscaping duties and basic repair activities.
• Provide excellent customer service to event center renters and guests.
• Must live on-site in the Benton Oaks RV Park, and provide your own camping vehicle
• High School diploma, or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license
• General knowledge of janitorial work and maintenance
• Must be available to work nights and weekends as scheduled
• Self-directed, dependable and flexible
• Able to follow instructions timely and effectively
• Proven ability to deal tactfully with staff and visitors
• Effective communication skills
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds repetitively
• Ability to work outside in various types of weather
• Experience with forklift highly desirable
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
How to Apply:
1. Download and complete a Benton County application
HERE, or pick up an application at the Benton County Fairgrounds office 8:00 – 11:30 a.m. or 12:30 – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
2. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-delivered to the Event Center office during business hours.
3. If selected, you will be notified via phone or email and invited for an interview.